What if you sprinkled a roaming arts festival with a little porchfest, a touch of Make Music Day, and added a Garden Walk element? The result is Artists in Open Gardens, an event produced by Gardens Buffalo Niagara.
Artists in Open Gardens are held in both urban, suburban and rural gardens in western New York.
“This unique initiative aims to promote a vibrant cultural exchange by showcasing talented visual and performing artists at various venues. [The event is] This is a unique opportunity to experience the charm of active art production and live performance in an attractive space. backyard set and create an intimate and immersive artistic experience. – Gardens Buffalo Niagara
This curated initiative aims to encourage inclusivity, respect for nature, cultural growth and the importance of strong communities.
Thursday, July 27th (time is as stated)
Visual Artist Catherine Walsh | Riexinger Garden 101 Simme Rd, 2pm-10pm
Visual Artist Lucy Dietrich | Wonderland 636 Delaware Rd, 2pm-6pm
- Performance by Tuesday Nite (Courtney Wofford & Sarah Elizabeth Shall) | Charlize Garden 5459 Center Pine Ln, 12pm – 6pm
- Performance by Sugar Before Bed (Martin Lamott & Cassidy Mull) | Le Petit Matin 299 Reist St, 2pm – 6pm
- Visual Artist Bree Gilliam | Parkview Gardens 324 Mill St, 2pm-7pm
- Visual Artist Avanna Duff | Loomis Garden 89 Sixteenth St, 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Visual Artist Bianca McGraw | Bird Ave. Gardens 604 Bird Ave, 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Performance by Demir Antoni Browning | Buffalo Harmony House Bed & Breakfast 3 St. John’s Place, 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Visual Artist Madeleine Bathory | Licata & Bigelow Gardens 56 North Pearl St, 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Friday, July 28th (time is as stated)
Visual Artist Avanna Duff | Chimera Gardens 170 Pine St, 10am-2pm
Visual Artist Ruby Merritt | Curves Garden 570 Locust St, 10am-2pm
Performance by Demir Antoni Browning | Nick and Beth Buscaglia’s Garden 5218 Lakeshore Road, 5pm – 9pm
“Artists in Open Gardens” was made possible with the support of the statewide Community Regrants Program, the New York State Arts Council, the Governor’s Office, the New York State Legislature, and the Arts Service.
Gardens Buffalo Niagara’s mission is to create a more vibrant and beautiful community by sharing our gardens at events such as the Buffalo Style Garden Art Sale, Open Garden Tours in July, East Side Garden Walk, Garden Walk Buffalo, Urban Farm Day and Children’s Garden Festival.