BUFFALO, NY (WKBW) — Buffalo Waterfront Management Group announced that the Canalside Roller Rink will open for the season on August 11th.
The opening day celebration features a DJ and games.
In addition to daily opening hours, we also offer group skating and party packages and host activity zones.
“We are proud to host a variety of fun activities throughout the year and look forward to another season of roller skating here on the waterfront.
– Lauren Moloney Ford, General Manager, Buffalo Waterfront
BWMG said it will distribute free skate passes and skate rental passes to public schools, charter schools and local nonprofits in Buffalo, with support from the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation and the Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Other special events include:
- Theme Skate Nights Every Friday
- Fitness on Wheels: 2 Skate Dance Class Sessions every 4 Weeks on Saturdays from 12pm to 2pm
- Learn to Skate: Two sessions (4 weeks) of Learn to Skate classes with 716 Rollers instructors on Saturdays from 12pm to 2pm
- Special event:
- AmeriCAN Skate Jam and Health & Wellness Expo – August 18-20
- Back to School Saturday Skate with Giveaway Backpack and School Supplies – August 26th
- Indigenous Peoples Day – October 9
- Spooress Halloween – October 28
Admission is $6 for adults and $2 for children 13 and under, according to BWMG. Bring your own roller skates or rent them for $4. Rollerblades are not allowed. Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield members receive $1 off admission and skate rentals.
Learn more about.