Where you live can have a big impact on whether you are happy or not.
If you feel “out of place” where you currently live, consider moving to one of these towns in New York State.
These towns were voted the best places to live in the state.
Have a Good Morning with Dave Fields Monday – Friday 6am – 10am
From the people to the food to the scenery, there are many reasons why people love living in the Empire State. Credit Donkey surveyed the top 10 happiest cities here in New York.
They used a ranking system using seven different categories, with each town numbered for that category.
These top 10 rankings are based on total scores across all seven categories. The categories are: Number of restaurants, crime rate, commute time, departure time, median income, divorce rate, average housing cost.
Here are the top 10 happiest cities in New York state, based on the rankings here.
10. – Newburgh – Low divorce rate and earliest start time among top 10 cities put Newburgh in 10th place.
9. – Ithaca – The biggest factor in Ithaca is that it doesn’t take long to drive to work. Ithaca has the shortest average commute time at just over 14 minutes.
8. – Binghamton – People living in Binghamton can benefit greatly from low housing costs. The city also has a short commute and plenty of places to eat.
7. -Osshining- If you live in Ossining, please be safe. The city has the lowest violent crime rate among the top 10 cities.
6. ~White Plains~ People who like money prefer to live in White Plains. With a median income of just over $72,000, it has the highest median income level on the list.
5. – Albany – Many people sleep late in the New York capital. This city had the lowest percentage of people waking up before 5am for work. The good news is that there are plenty of places to eat and the housing market is affordable.
4. – North Tonawanda – Low cost of housing, number one on the list, is a major factor in North Tonawanda’s high placement on the list.
3. – Auburn – Auburn comes in 3rd on the list, but 2nd on the list of people who wake up before 5am for work and have the second shortest commute.
2. – Rome – With a low crime rate and affordable housing, Rome ranks second on New York’s list of happiest cities.
1. – Saratoga Springs – Topping the list and named New York’s happiest city is Saratoga Springs. The city scores highly for its low crime rate, short commute times, cheap housing costs, and above-average median income.
5 worst places to live in New York State
Top 5 Liveable Cities in New York State
Here are the top five liveable cities in New York State.
These are the happiest cities in New York State
People always want to ask why I live here in New York, and there are countless amazing reasons to give.