BUFFALO, NY (WIVB) — Today is the most Buffalo holiday — 716 days. Named after an area code in western New York, the name will allow locals to find special promotions and events happening around the country on his Sunday, July 16th.
Here are some of the deals and events we found.
716 Community Day, Buffalo
- MLK Junior Park hosts events throughout the day
- Members of the East Buffalo community will be provided with resources and services such as meals and health screenings.
- Bisons players wear locally made jerseys
- In-game meet-and-greet with Billy Buffalo, Sabretooth, Lux, and Buster will take place at 2:30 PM Game will start at 1:05 PM
Buffalo River Works
- Admission for all guests is $7.16
- Two hundred children from Oishi Children’s Hospital and other organizations are invited to the zoo early in the morning.
Tonawanda Canal Festival
- It will be held from July 16th to 23rd. Find out more about the festival here.
Floral Accent, North Tonawanda
- As a benefit of the Twin Cities Meal on Wheels, Posey Bouquet is priced at $7.16.
Galvani Italian Heritage Festival, buffalo
- It will be held at Hertel Avenue from July 14th to 16th. Check out our guide to Italian festivals here.
Razor’s Dawg House, Eden
- In honor of National Ice Cream Day, the Razors are offering one scoop of Perry’s, $1 baby soft serve, $2 regular soft serve, and $3 large serve options.
Resurgence Brewing Company, Buffalo
- 716 Resurgence Race & Music Festival | Runs Start at 9am, Music Starts at Noon
Evan Anstey is an AP, JANY and Emmy nominated digital producer and has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. Learn more about his work here. follow him on twitter.