Gardens Buffalo Niagara hosts “Artists in Open Gardens,” a community engagement program that brings free art programs to western New York through the welcoming setting of an open garden. This unique initiative aims to foster a vibrant cultural exchange by showcasing talented visual his artists and performing his artists in various locations, including rural areas such as Gasport and East He Aurora. Suburban towns such as Lancaster, Hamburg, and Williamsville. Buffalo city suburbs.
All participating gardens, whether rural, suburban or urban, share a common denominator of being hospitable and welcoming hosts, setting the stage for a harmonious union of art and nature. ‘Artists in Open Gardens’ is a special opportunity for visitors to experience the magic of active art-making and live performance in a charming ‘backyard’ environment, creating an intimate and immersive art experience.
Artists are carefully selected not only for their talent, but also for their desire to connect and engage with the audience. The program promotes an inclusive environment and encourages artists to invite family, friends and fans to participate, thereby introducing new audiences to the joys of the open garden.
• Lancaster — Katherine Walsh, visual artist, Riexinger Garden, 101 Simme Road, 2-10 p.m.
• Tonawanda — Visual Artist Lucy Dietrich, Wonderland, 636 Delaware Road, 2-6pm
• Williamsville — Performance by Tuesday Night (Courtney Wofford & Sarah Elizabeth Shall), Charlize Garden, Center Pine Lane 5459, 12pm to 6pm
Performance by Sugar Before Bed (Martin LaMott & Cassidy Mull), Le Petit Matin, 299 Reist St., 2-6pm
Visual Artist Bree Gilliam, Parkview Gardens, 324 Mill St., 2-7pm
• Buffalo — Visual Artist Avanna Duff, Loomis Gardens, 89 Sixteenth St., 2-6 p.m.
Visual Artist Bianca McGraw, Bird Avenue Gardens, 604 Bird Ave, 5:30-8:30 PM
Performance by Spud, Buffalo Harmony House Bed & Breakfast, 3 St. John’s Place, 5:30-8:30 PM
Visual Artist Madeleine Bathory, Licata & Bigelow Gardens, 56 North Pearl St., 5:30-8:30 p.m.
• East Aurora — Visual Artist Avanna Duff, Chimera Gardens, 170 Pine Street, 10am to 2pm
• Lock port — Ruby Merritt, Visual Artist, Kurbs Garden, 570 Locust St., 10am-2pm
• Hamburg/lakeside — Performance by Spud, Nick and Beth Bascaglia’s Garden, 5218 Lakeshore Road, 5-9pm
Join us at Gardens Buffalo Niagara to celebrate the fusion of art and nature during these events. “Artists in Open Gardens” was made possible with the support of the statewide Community Regrants Program, the New York State Arts Council, the Governor’s Office, the New York State Legislature, and the Arts Service.
Gardens Buffalo Niagara’s mission is to create a more vibrant and beautiful community by sharing our gardens at events such as the Buffalo Style Garden Art Sale, Open Harden Tour in July, East Side Garden Walk, Garden Walk Buffalo, Urban Farm Day and Children’s Garden Festival.